Saturday, February 6th 2016, at Pine Grove Middle School, Lowndes County, Georgia.
Remember this is the new (OK, several years old) Pine Grove Middle School, 4159 River Rd, Valdosta, GA 31605.
- Pay with a check: print this form and send in US-mail
- Pay On-line (remember to tell us who is coming!)
Registration for this conference is Closed
|Session 1||9:30- 10:45||Country Cure Meats - Derrick Dawson Sr. http://goo.gl/cVc37m||Nutrition - Karen Chapman||Lesser Known Crops for the Coastal Plain – Dr. Bret Wagenhorst http://goo.gl/eiOR1D||Role of Farmers Markets in supporting Community - Sagdrina Jalal http://goo.gl/8sRPxG||Permaculture for a Better Tomorrow - Benjamin and Jennifer Vieth http://goo.gl/oYxwRW||Industrial Farms and Resource Usage - Chris Mericle|
|Session 2||11:00- 12:15||Cooking with Herbs - Jeana Ford||Backyard Hens - Dr. Claudia Dunkley||Composting with worms and soldier flies - John Horton||Valdosta City School Gardens - Joshua Dawson||Planting by the Moon - Terry Davis||Essential Oils - Mary Clement http://goo.gl/I9E7yL|
|Session 3||1:30- 2:45||Bread 101 - Arica Griner http://goo.gl/sszCmZ||Learn How to make Goatmilk Soaps - Julia Shewchuk http://goo.gl/TdQSKc||Tools of the Trade - Hagen Homestead http://goo.gl/8GcqNf||Community Resources - Vanessa Flucas (City of Valdosta); Georgia Working on Health Initiative - Roosevelt Standifer (Health Department) http://goo.gl/DCTSAZ||Local Buying Club - Dirt Road Organics||Solar Energy - John S. Quarterman|
|Session 4||3:00- 4:15||Fermentation 101 - Lori Freeman http://goo.gl/Nu8BTM||Raising Rabbits - 5farms http://goo.gl/AYXVGn||Aging and Physical Health - Dr. Mario Bartoletti http://goo.gl/dScyY0||Reducing Waste – Second Harvest of Georgia||TBD||Rainwater Collection and water stewardship - Marilyn Dye|
|Wrap Up||4:30 - 4:45|
This is one of three similar conferences in different south Georgia locations:
- January 23, 2016: Reidsville – Contact Janisse
- February 6, 2016: Pine Grove Middle (Lowndes) – Contact Gretchen Registration PDF
- February 20, 2016: Ware County – Contact Connie, https://www.facebook.com/WayxGreen/
- 24 January 2015, South Georgia Growing Local, in Lowndes County,
- 8 November 2014, Growing Local & Sustainable Conference SE GA, in Tatnall County,
- 24-25 January 2014, South Georgia Growing Local, in Lowndes County,
- 26 January 2013, South Georgia Growing Local & Sustainable Conference, in Reidsville,
- 14 January 2012, South Georgia Growing Local Conference, in Reidsville,
- 13 November 2010 Growing Local Conference, in Tifton,
See you at Pine Grove Middle School February 6th!